A trained and qualified translator, proofreader, writer and researcher for over 15 years, I provide accurate, intelligent and nuanced translations of German texts into English.
I hold the Diploma in Translation from the Chartered Institute of Linguists, London and a PhD from the University of York. I also have many years' experience working for German and British companies and charities as a Senior PA and HR professional, giving me a wealth of experience in the business sector.
In 2013, my partner and I moved to the remote Isle of Rum in Scotland for two years. I now divide my time between the UK and Germany, where I continue to build my professional networks. ...read more
- minimum einrichten Berlin: Translation of catalogue and other promotional and legal materials for Berlin-based designer furniture store (2015-2016);
- University of Cambridge: Transcriber and proofreader for major editorial partnership project for a German text ("Kaiserchronik", partnership project, University of Cambridge and University of Marburg, 2013-2015);
- Arcadia UG: Translation of promotional materials and website for Berlin-based alternative healthcare product manufacturer (2015);
- Goethe Institute: Translation of administrative and legal documents, minutes and protocols for EU-funded international theatre project ("Babel", 2007-2009);
- Goethe Institute: Catalogue and accompanying documentation for an international art retrospective shown in Berlin, Nancy and Washington ("Friedrich Seidenstücker – A Flaneur Amongst Ruins". 2007);
- Roland Kreuzer and Andrea Schwarzkopf: Translations of philosophical essays and documentation accompanying international exhibition to mark Kant's centenary in Germany and the Lebanon ("weltfragen im libanon", 2006)
Art and design, fashion, furnishings; PR, marketing, leisure and tourism; academic articles and essays, literature; legal (general legal texts) and HR; proofreading and editing. CVs and job applications.